Obama's Life Through The People That Know Him


The Guardian ran a fascinating piece on Sunday that recounts Barack Obama's life through stories from friends, co-workers, and family. It's truly a lovely piece that further cements my thinking about the man most likely to be our  next president. (Ahhhh! Did I just say that? That doesn't jinx it, does it?)

His friends tell the tale of a reasoned young man who is a tireless worker, and who respects and engages all people, and all of their various view points. Larry Tribe, who taught Obama at Harvard Law School, says "...the quality he demonstrated that I've always been left with more than any other is authenticity. There isn't a fibre of phoniness about this guy."

The man could not be phony if he tried. I can think of very few politician that I can say that about, and none of the others that spring to mind would have an iceberg's chance in Greenland of winning the presidency. (Barny Frank, I'm looking in your direction.)

Comments