Don't Look Now, But I Think She's Eyeing Your Stimulus Package

It's been awhile since I posted anything. The draw to hibernate in the winter is just too great to pass up. But troubled times call for sleepy, semi-productive measures, such as me writing this post. Aren't you proud?

Yeah the economy still isn't looking good huh? This whole kerfuffle ( I just really wanted to use that word today) over the stimulus package is just showcasing the type of government we are trying to move past here. We've got serious problems, more jobs are being lost every day, and Washington is devolving into primordial ooze once again. Oh it's both party's faults also, we need more pet projects for Democrats just as badly as we need more tax cuts for Republicans and holes in our heads. 

There is an excellent website though for anyone who would like to look into exactly where the funds in the bill are going to be used, Stimulus Watch. For instance they are planning to put $10,000,000 into neighborhood street repairs in my very own town. Aside from potentially waking me up every morning with construction noise, this is the type of project I can get behind. I'm not just happy about the prospect of local jobs, I'm excited about actual non-pot-holed streets.  The last pot hole I drove over was so deep there were mole people living inside it.

Comments