Tuesday of Reckoning


It's going to be a long day for me. There is a new round of primaries today, and I want Obama to lock up the nomination so bad. I spent a few minutes on Saturday trying to call people in Ohio for his campaign but got discouraged when most of the numbers were disconnected or wrong. Now I feel like I didn't do enough. If he doesn't win the popular vote in Ohio, I will feel responsible. (Although apparently the campaign ended up making more than a million phone calls, so maybe I shouldn't feel too bad.)

I almost can't believe how invested I am in this man and his journey. In my life time I have never known a politician with a Klondike Bar's chance in Hades of winning, to talk so much about prevention based government, civil rights, and changing our country and our face to the world in so many ways I believe in.

Honestly though, it's not just my serious need for Obama to be the president that is making me anxious today, but also (and you can chalk this up to me being such an avid Obamian if you want) Hillary is starting to scare me. And not in a serious contender sort of way, but in a "Oh My God, this woman is supposedly representing women!" sort of way. Seriously, I mean I respect her to a point, I have defended her against many a Hillary hater, but she's becoming the political process itself. Unable to get her head out of the murky waters of trying to win long enough show any form of true leadership. Is finger pointing and anger mixed with attempts at humor going to be her governing style? I just can't follow the line of her campaign to a happy ending at this point. Still I worry she will damage Obama's reputation enough to let the Republicans easily sink their teeth in when he is the nominee.

I guess what I am really asking for today is a clear cut win for him in Texas and Ohio, if not all four states today. I want the chance to cheer and celebrate for one night before the real race for president begins.

Comments