Today

I can't believe this day is finally here. There is a torrent of emotion welling in me. It is the beginning of a new era, a shift in the paradigm of American.

I started my job the day Bush was re-elected. To me it was the greyest day there ever was. I was swimming in disillusionment and fear. Now that day is fading away forever.

Thank you God, the last eight years are over! Rejoice!

Today is to be a long day of trying to sit still at my desk while history is being made somewhere outside the door. But you know what? History is made in the streets, but also in our hearts. It doesn't matter where you are today, because we are all in this together. We are all here, alive on this day to be one Nation, taking one giant leap towards liberty and justice for all. And whether you are sitting in a cubical, or on the steps of the Capitol, there will be a moment today for you to hold in your heart forever. 

Whatever you do, don't let that moment fade. Write about it, sign about it, tell your friends and family about it, because it belongs to the ages as much as your heart.

Comments